Clinical Holistic Naturopathic Nutrition recognizes that the foundation of good health begins with the foods that we eat every day and the health of our digestive tract.
You don’t have to be a doctor or have a degree in nutrition, read the hundreds of research articles or watch a documentary to know that what you put on your mouth affects how you feel. Hippocrates’ famous quote, “Let food be your medicine” is just as true today as it was in 460 BC. Almost every single poor health condition can benefit from an in depth analysis and improvement of the diet. I have found it vitally improtant to take the time to assess & educate my pateints about this crucial factor to good health, and to find the foods that are best for you individually.
Clinical Nutrition sounds so boring, so let’s call it “yummy foods that are alive and bursting with flavor and nutrients, just waiting to share their energy with you”. These are the prescriptions that you will receive. Recipes using basic whole food ingredients from your Avid Chef / Naturopathic Doctor will restore balance in your body. As Luciano Pavaroti said “One of the nicest things about life is that we must regularly stop what we are doing and devote our attention to eating”. This attention is so important as all of our cells are nourished by what we eat, digest and assimilate, and it all starts with WHAT and HOW we eat! Find out what the best foods are for you individually and then create meals that provide you with what you need!
With the proliferation of fast, processed, preserved, color and flavor enhanced, waxed, pesticide laden, nutrient depleted, hybridized, genetically modified, pasteurized, irradiated, microwaved, sweetened etc. food we need to be even more aware of what we choose to eat and not to eat.
A few of the plethora of possible imbalances that can often be improved through dietary modification (either with or without the addition of nutritional and herbal supplementation) include:
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Diverticulitis, Crohn’s Disease, Celiac, Ulcers etc.
- Allergies, Sinusitis, Ear Infections
- Asthma, Recurring Respiratory Infections, Bronchitis
- Skin Conditions like Eczema, Psoriasis, Acne Rosacea and Vulgaris
- Arthritis, Fibromyalgia, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Chronic Pain
- PMS, Hormonal Imbalances, Infertility, Endometriosis, Weight Gain or Loss
- Liver disorders, Gall Stones, Diabetes, Kidney Stones
- Neurological Illnesses like ALS, Parkinsons, Alzheimers
- Anxiety, Depression, Panic Attacks, Bipolar Disorder
- Candidiasis, Recurring Infections
- Hypertension, High Cholesterol, Cardiovascular Problems
- ADHD, Aspergers, Autism, Behavior and Learning Difficulties
- Colic, Reflux, Sleeping problems, Difficult Dentition and Rashes in young children
“If we could give every individual the right amount of nourishment and exercise, not too little and not too much, we would have found the safest way to health.”
– Hippocrates 460 BC