Naturopathic Medicine Is:
- A Regulated Health Profession, recognized by the government of Ontario
- A primary form of health care
- An alternative or complimentary to conventional/allopathic medicine
- A holistic and coordinated approach to health care
- The diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease
- The treatment of the causes of illnesses, not the suppression of symptoms
- Unique and customized treatment plans
- Based on “the healing power of nature” (“vis medicatrix naturae” Latin)
- Supportive of each individual in their return to a natural state of balance
- The integration of several natural therapies with long histories of efficacy
- Individuals taking an active role in the treatment and maintenance of their health
™ Trademark of Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors.
“The art of healing comes from nature, not from the physician.
Therefore the physician must come from nature, with an open mind.”
– Paracelsus, 1493-1541