“He who works with his hands is a laborer.
He who works with his hands and his head is a craftsman.
He who works with his hands and his head and his heart is an artist.”
St. Francis of Assisi
What people are saying about their Bowen treatments with Dr. Melissa Howe, ND.
- "I went to see Dr. Melissa for Bowen treatments after nine months of pain in my lower back. I had tried Chiropractic,physiotherapy and acupuncture. Those treatments never brought lasting relief. After one treatment of Bowen I noticed improvement and after three I was walking around without any pain! Dr. Melissa is a very skilled Bowen practitioner. She is very caring and really goes the extra mile to help you heal. I highly recommend going to see her first!" Jessica McMulkin, Carlise Ontario
- "Prior to receiving treatment from Melissa, I went through a number of different methods from chiropractor, massage therapy, physio, etc. and nothing seemed to work. I was out of options it seemed and thought that I would just have to cope with the pain for the rest of my life. Then a friend told me about the White Pines Naturopath Clinic. I met with Dr. Melissa Howe for a consultation to determine exactly what was causing my back pain and received initial treatment. She practices out of her home and it is such a relaxing and soothing environment to be in. It makes you feel like you are actually at home. Immediately after the first treatment, I noticed a big improvement. This was the first time I had received naturopath treatment and I never looked back since. I then received 2 more treatments and feel the best I have ever felt in years. I owe it all to Melissa and her innovative treatment methods. I would recommend her to anyone who is dealing with any type of pain/discomfort or just looking for a lifestyle change. Thanks Melissa for everything!!" - Joseph DeSimone, Stoney Creek, ON
- "After years of suffering from fibromyalgia, sciatica and osteoarthritis, I am now enjoying life once again! Bowen has relieved my chronic pain immensely and Melissa’s gentle caring nature and her master of Bowen technique now allows me to LIVE LIFE, not just exist – Thank You Melissa!” - Sharon M, Waterdown, ON.
“When I first came to Melissa, I had an acute flare up of chronic irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), depression, insomnia, and a chronic - 15 year old neck and back injury. After the second Bowen treatment, I was 90% pain free! When she combined Bowen, with Naturopathic medicine, my IBS was managed, and I was able to sleep and enjoying life again. Melissa’s natural talent is her ability to listen and really hear what is going on with my health. In this fashion, she has been able to make a real lasting difference in my health and all areas of my life.” - Yolanda Baldesarra, Burlington, ON
"After approximately 7 weeks of experiencing unusual chest pressure and discomfort (I also happened to be 7 weeks post-partum), Melissa concluded that my rib cage and pelvis was out of alignment due to the pregnancy and birthing process. After one Bowen treatment session, I had no further symptoms and no recurrence of symptoms (as of 11 weeks post-partum). My medical doctor had recommended several invasive tests that would have taken at least a week or two to get results from, and in my case, would not have helped to identify or treat the cause of the problem. I am so pleased with the integrative assessment and treatment process with Melissa and Bowen that facilitated me leaving my appointment requiring no further interventions. Thank you!!!" - Catherine H., Waterdown, ON
"My daughter has Aspergers Syndrome and for years we have tried every medical, paramedical & complimentary therapy to help her cope with sensory overload, anxiety, gastric upset and reflex sympathetic dystrophy in her lower limbs. The Bowen therapy treatments that she received from Dr. Howe were delivered with the utmost care & competence. The treatments have had a profound beneficial accumulative effect, and I would highly recommend this therapy and caregiver." M.C., Carlisle, ON.
- "At the age of 12, my daughter was unable to get through the night without being wet. Alarms at 1am had been keeping her dry for the most part in the last few months, but any attempt without the alarm did not work. We had tried for years to limit drink in the evening, drink lots of water during the day (to exercise the bladder and hydrate), have no caffeine, all with no dry results. We happen to mention this to Melissa on one of our visits and she suggested she try the Bowen move to eliminate nocturnal enuresis. We figured it couldn't do any harm, so we gave it a try. We never set an alarm again and for the past 6 months she has been dry with only 2 wets in month three. Such a relief for both of us!" Mrs.D., Freelton, ON
- "I was playing hockey, and got hit in the head. After that, my teeth didn't line up properly. They couldn't touch at the back anymore. It was very disturbing. Within five minutes after she did Bowen around my TMJ, head, and face, I could feel my jaw slide gently back into place, where it has remained ever since!” - Matthew M, Waterdown, ON.
“Dr. Howe's Bowen treatments have worked miracles for my lower back and sciatic pain. They have also alleviated my chronic shoulder pain. I can get some sleep again!” - Mike L, Oakville, ON
"I had my first Bowen treatment with Dr. Howe and I feel amazing!!! The constant pain in my neck and lower back is gone and I will be making the Bowen treatment a part of my wellness journey. Thank you Dr. Howe." - Sandra Roach, Dundas, ON
White Pines Naturopathic Clinic certifies that all references are true and authentic from actual patients served. We have been authorized by the individuals to use these references to share with others what is possible with this kind of treatment, in the hope that more people can benefit and thrive from this kind of treatment.
White Pines Naturopathic Clinic
Waterdown - Ontario - Canada